Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 11:26:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: JJL  (Read 16985 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 07:53:58 AM »

If there was something wrong with the administration, then why didnt you vote me out like you voted out NHC. You had the votes with whispering between you and ITO.
As such a council of the "three" is to be formed. The Galactic Council hence forth referred to as the 'GC' will handle all complaints and disagreements between Captains when called upon.
And there is my point right in the 2nd line of the original charter, a council of THREE. Look around and do a head count. The original two members are out, leaving IMG holding the ball.
If NHC chose to come back and be involved again in the GC, they would be highly considered.
To the rest of your post, JamJul Lison, is just a lot of blather and hot air. You still want to bring up the reason we went to war with you because i wasnt prepared to force a member to apologize to you for something that happened before he was my corp member? Instead you ranted and raved and told me i was an upstart and took it to the forums. Didnt quite work out the way you thought, did it, mighty PMI, 2nd top corp leader of the time. This "upstart" showed you a clean set of heels. I asked my corp member if he was prepared to apologize, he said he wasnt because he felt he was in the right. You were blowing up his orbital in Sol. Your suggestion?: I should make him apologize or kick him out....what great mediation skills you have JamJul.
Now we have come full circle. You said something about me and my corp which i found offensive, considering the work i put into the GC to keep it working and the mediation between you and Sargas of EOS. I PMed you to make a forum retraction, you refused to do so.....I advised in very plain language it would be in your best interests, but no....the great and mighty JamJul couldnt be pushed around and do something he didnt want to do, yet again
Do you all see the irony and a similar mirroring of events that lead to the first war? I wasnt even asking for an apology, i was just asking you to recant what i perceive to be damaging commentary. You want to hide behind your 1st amendment to express your opinion, however there are also things that protect the victim, called slander, libel and defamation. Since talking NEVER resolves anything with you, JamJul, i instead speak with my abilities on the field of battle.
Gosh i love it when i see you all point and accuse and pass blame to others and never take any blame or responsibility for your own words or actions. You should think in future, before you go commenting on my ability to manage my corp and the council. All this, for 1 simple retraction lol so petty, the lot of you. I wont be bothering to check this thread or forums. it just is a delaying waste of time for me to "get business done" in game
Report to moderator   Logged

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 07:18:04 PM »

You are aware that very beginning there that you quoted is part of the introduction.  There were 3 in the beginning.  Nothing saying there couldn't be expansion or less.

To the rest of your post, JamJul Lison, is just a lot of blather and hot air. You still want to bring up the reason we went to war with you because i wasnt prepared to force a member to apologize to you for something that happened before he was my corp member? Instead you ranted and raved and told me i was an upstart and took it to the forums. Didnt quite work out the way you thought, did it, mighty PMI, 2nd top corp leader of the time. This "upstart" showed you a clean set of heels. I asked my corp member if he was prepared to apologize, he said he wasnt because he felt he was in the right. You were blowing up his orbital in Sol. Your suggestion?: I should make him apologize or kick him out....what great mediation skills you have JamJul.

What i wanted was for him to be accountable for his own actions.  It is like an international terrorist bombing a national target and then going to hide in some other country and that country lets them in and threatens to attack anyone who tries to get him.   The guy was clearly in the wrong. Even though we weren't purposely targeting him he had the right to be upset when he thought we were.  That was no excuse for cussing us out though and it was pure stupidity on his part to declare war on us.  All I wanted there was a simple apology for his rude behavior and a retraction of war declaration.  The fact he thought his rude behavior was acceptable shows just what a piece of crap human being he really was.  The entire situation could have been handled better on both of our parts. I just have brought the issue to you in private but didn't. But there was fault on your side as well.  Nothing we proposed seemed acceptable to you.  Even keeping it 1 on 1 between me and him was unacceptable to you despite it was his own fault he got into the mess in the first place.  So war eventually broke out.  Now that is the past.  Now let's leave it there. I only brought it up cause you brought it up first.

Now we have come full circle. You said something about me and my corp which i found offensive, considering the work i put into the GC to keep it working and the mediation between you and Sargas of EOS. I PMed you to make a forum retraction, you refused to do so.....I advised in very plain language it would be in your best interests, but no....the great and mighty JamJul couldnt be pushed around and do something he didnt want to do, yet again

You didn't ask me to take it down.  You demanded I take it down or else.  There is a difference.  I wasn't cussing anyone out.  I wasn't trying to insult anyone. I wasn't trying to declare war.  I was just simply stating my opinion on the current states of all of the top corps.  I understand why you didn't like what I said. But you overreacted to the entire situation.  You could have posted on there why you felt I was wrong.  It was not a good reason to declare war.  Then when ITO gives their view on the matter. Here is exactly what Joolz said word for word.

Well fist off, I think Jam is perfectly right to point out that there are big differences in the make up and vigor of the various corps and I would agree that because of these there is a certain growth curve and potential. And a one man army has only so much time and can only be in maybe three or four places at once lol.

As to IMG's 'slump' I think Jam has his own perspective and from my talks with him it may be skewed but I think he tries to be objective. I don't think he's 'ragging' on anybody here.

I haven't been paying attention to IMG or any other corps growth rate but I know that our ship power was at about 5mil or less when Jazz left. Fenix had already left and made his own corp for RL reasons and we were left with myself, FreezeLove, Cornedo, and two inactive players- Jazzbob who I've still not let go of(ship pwr1.7mil)and XenGuard.

Well Xen is on now and then so he's semi-active but since then we've recruited four other players that have been active daily and one that has been inactive bringing us to a 70-80% active player corp. This and this thing called teamwork and working together to build new players' ships and corp com ships has brought us up over 11mil ship power and our treasury grows faster as we get more players and ships.

So I think that from this perspective Jam is mostly correct that IMG and SSS aren't corps in the sense of being a team and that there is only so much groth potential one player can muster. I mean Raph can play all day 6mo. but if we get 20 active players and maintain a tight team we might still eventually overtake him.

Other than that all the bickering is just that. You guys are all good guys and leaders and I know this about Jam better than any other. I think you guys just need to chill and see each others point of view- including Jam lol. I think IMG/Dadds and Sargas are all good players and have good strong corps I would proudly assist and work with just as I would TGE but I can't exactly fault Jam's assessment either other than being the critical guy he is and seeing faults and calling them as he perceives them.

As to Mata's comment about the splintering of PMI I think we need to understand how much of that is misunderstandings, over-reacting, differences of opinion, etc. It happens. And sure Jam's faults as a leader and communicator may contribute but we all have some of those. I think it's not always enough to be a good leader when people are stubborn or misinformed or just have a difference of opinion or some other issue outside his control.

Joolz was not trying to insult anyone. ITO has always been rather peaceful.  Yet after expressing his opinions, Dadds you feel compelled to declare war on them.  This seems to start to look like a trend with you these days.  If someone has an opinion you don't like or agree with, you declare war on them.   In my original post I was never even trying to slander IMG.  Let us examine exactly what I said.

IMG:  Half it's members are active, 1 is semi-active and one isn't on at all.

Ok this is the first part.  This here at the time of the posting was all fact.  You were active,  aysle hadn't been online in ages and Kristen was only semi-active. Things you yourself had told me.  Jake only returned shortly after that.

Right now to me they barely qualify as a corp.  Now this isn't entirely Dadds fault.  It can be hard to keep players active on here.

This here was just my own opinion.  It wasn't fact.  I don't expect everyone to share the same opinions I do. But if you feel it was wrong you could have just said so and maybe even explained why if you wanted.  Not decide to go up in arms or threaten to.  Hell I even said it wasn't entirely your fault.   I know from personal experience how hard it can be to keep members active.  Which brings me to the last original thing I said.

I have had to boot quite a few inactive myself.

I have had people quit and go inactive. It can be a chore to keep them active sometimes.  I understand well the issues IMG is dealing with on inactivity. We have faced it as well.  As have a lot of corps.  It can happen to any corp.   Now lets get to part you decided to focus on. Something I put in near the end of another post to another person.

IMG if it can recover from it's recent slump could become good again.

This was never ment to be slander either.  It was just my own opinion.   It is nothing to go to war over either.  I am also not sure what I could have done to change that post to make it sound any better.

Do you all see the irony and a similar mirroring of events that lead to the first war? I wasnt even asking for an apology, i was just asking you to recant what i perceive to be damaging commentary. You want to hide behind your 1st amendment to express your opinion, however there are also things that protect the victim, called slander, libel and defamation. Since talking NEVER resolves anything with you, JamJul, i instead speak with my abilities on the field of battle.

No this is an entirely different matter then the first war.  This time no one was trying to insult anyone.  I simply expressed my opinion with no intentions to slander anyone.  Then you demand I retract my statements or else. The entire tone of those so called request for me to post a retraction was that do or I will attack you.  You first hinted at it lightly. Then implied it even more heavily in the next one.  If you had possibly asked me nicely without any hints that you would attack us if I didn't, then I might have actually considered posting a retraction.  At the very least a new post expressing why I may have been incorrect.  There was nothing friendly about your "request".  That is why I refused to comply. 
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: