Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 29, 2024, 11:33:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: public fueling stations  (Read 16019 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 09:24:37 PM »

I don't think 'novae will be automatic.  You may have to wait a long time to deploy stations...,
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 10:30:33 PM »

I don't think 'novae will be automatic.  You may have to wait a long time to deploy stations...,

From how novas sound they will be automatic. Also until novas or expansion is added, I don't see a real need to add these. They will be ment to help people who need fuel further out.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 11:34:27 PM »

quote from Sir Emi:

"Quadrants outside the radius of -1,-1 to 1,1 will have a star life cycle.

The star will destabilize in time and eventually go Super Nova.

Captains may deploy special devices to prevent the supernova and stabilize a solar system.

When a star goes super nova, it leaves room for another star to be born somewhere else... some stars may also leave black holes behind."

It says destabilize in time and eventually go Super Nova.
Eventually, not automatically.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 11:45:00 PM »

quote from Sir Emi:

"Quadrants outside the radius of -1,-1 to 1,1 will have a star life cycle.

The star will destabilize in time and eventually go Super Nova.

Captains may deploy special devices to prevent the supernova and stabilize a solar system.

When a star goes super nova, it leaves room for another star to be born somewhere else... some stars may also leave black holes behind."

It says destabilize in time and eventually go Super Nova.
Eventually, not automatically.

It has also been said many times in the past over the past few years the cause of this will be depletion of resources in a system. The vast majority of planets, moons and asteroid belts in the galaxy have been depleted of most of it's resources.  So if resource is the cause as SirEmi has said many times in the past, then we can be sure that pretty much every system past the first ring will be going nova.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 10:08:11 AM »

We all should start stock pile solar system stabilize now.  16
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2014, 06:59:04 PM »

I have moved my public fueling station to Delta GJ 674.

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 02:19:56 PM »

It has also been said many times in the past over the past few years the cause of this will be depletion of resources in a system. The vast majority of planets, moons and asteroid belts in the galaxy have been depleted of most of it's resources.  So if resource is the cause as SirEmi has said many times in the past, then we can be sure that pretty much every system past the first ring will be going nova.
Looking at the new update for mineral regeneration, this will no longer be the case since no matter how quickly you strip a system of ALL resources, they return. I have been on a personal campaign to push a system into NOVA for years by mineral depletion, but it seems it will now be determined based on star life-cycles, more so than the resources contained within that system.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 02:25:58 PM »

Looking at the new update for mineral regeneration, this will no longer be the case since no matter how quickly you strip a system of ALL resources, they return. I have been on a personal campaign to push a system into NOVA for years by mineral depletion, but it seems it will now be determined based on star life-cycles, more so than the resources contained within that system.

You might be right. But we shall see. Hard to tell what the nova point will actually be if it is resource based. I still expect to see some systems go nova though. 
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 04:11:10 PM »

You might be right. But we shall see. Hard to tell what the nova point will actually be if it is resource based. I still expect to see some systems go nova though.
Yeah, my home planet's star is venting lots of gas as we speak. I suspect it will go unstable shortly after NOVA is introduced.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2014, 08:31:44 PM »

Yeah, my home planet's star is venting lots of gas as we speak. I suspect it will go unstable shortly after NOVA is introduced.

That should be quite entertaining to see. Might want to stick a small useless ship there just to see what happens to ships when stars are left in a system that go nova. Not sure if they would auto jump out or be destroyed with everything else there.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 06:57:50 AM »

That should be quite entertaining to see. Might want to stick a small useless ship there just to see what happens to ships when stars are left in a system that go nova. Not sure if they would auto jump out or be destroyed with everything else there.
All my ships are useful, can I borrow one of yours? har har har. sorry cheap shot but sooo funny 16

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 11:26:29 AM »

All my ships are useful, can I borrow one of yours? har har har. sorry cheap shot but sooo funny 16

There has to be one you could gut and test out. Since your so interested in investigating the novas i figured you were the perfect one for this job.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2014, 05:15:12 PM »

yeah naturally i will conduct the relevant experiments in the lead up to Nova's including the study of collapsing stellar bodies. We get off topic a bit though. Keep those public fuelling posts coming 

Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 10:45:25 PM »

Well jake1976 destroyed my public fueling station and every other module that I had in GJ 674, so I guess I will not be able to provide public fueling services for a while... happy

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: