Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 05:07:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mineral/Gas deposits regeneration completed!  (Read 18147 times)
Gronk
Private

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 10:25:08 PM »

well of course you need to deploy it like a normal mine, that was done.

20% over what time period though. all other mine types are measured in a rate/hour. I'm saying I had one deployed for a week. 24hrs X 7 = 168 hours, and if rate is actually anywhere close to 20% chance per hour, would make me quite the unluckly miner.
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 05:41:47 AM »

Sounds to me like they aren't worth the QP they cost lol
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 10:32:48 AM »

The probes will boost the natural regeneration rate of planets / moons / belts like this:

If planet has 3% regeneration rate / day, adding a probe MK I will make the regeneration rate 3*1.2 = 3.6%

That means there is a chance of 3.6% for each empty deposit slot on the planet that each day, a new deposit will be found.

That's why the probes work best on planets / moons / belts with 10+ empty deposit slots, as the chance is applied on each deposit, sometimes hitting more in a day, sometimes none.

Other then that, the probes provide detailed information on the planet hidden resource map data. It could be useful for when you want to settle a planet and fortify it as main base and have long term mining plans.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:34:45 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 06:02:50 PM »

How is the math add up on mk 18. At 100% prospecting. My read is  ( chance to discover new deposit 2.9% day. enhanced prospecting rate  5.8% day.) Also on planet rarity rating which is better high or low number.
Thank
Gronk
Private

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2014, 07:26:39 PM »

The probes will boost the natural regeneration rate of planets / moons / belts like this:

If planet has 3% regeneration rate / day, adding a probe MK I will make the regeneration rate 3*1.2 = 3.6%

That means there is a chance of 3.6% for each empty deposit slot on the planet that each day, a new deposit will be found.

That's why the probes work best on planets / moons / belts with 10+ empty deposit slots, as the chance is applied on each deposit, sometimes hitting more in a day, sometimes none.

Other then that, the probes provide detailed information on the planet hidden resource map data. It could be useful for when you want to settle a planet and fortify it as main base and have long term mining plans.

"If planet has 3% regeneration rate / day, adding a probe MK I will make the regeneration rate 3*1.2 = 3.6%"

Now this is a very interesting statement.

A. I've looked over all of the various screen views available to us players, and don't see anywhere where we would be able to determine a planets "regeneration rate / day", so how would we know what one planets rate is compared to any others? Would think that would be a good thing to show in the planet screens??

B. " The probes will boost the natural regeneration rate of planets / moons / belts like this: If planet has 3% regeneration rate / day" This seemingly implies that "?all?" planets have an inate regeration rate. To date, I've seen no evidence that any planet has ever "regenerated" a new deposit. Not that I'm saying I'm constantly scanning planets on a daily basis, however certainly someone would have seen these, and posted about it, not to mention "but of course I will" the complete lack of regeneration of minerals has been discussed going back to game inception. Counting all planets, moons, and asteroid fields, there must be several thousand places where minerals "could be found", and taking lets say a 1% average regeneration rate,  one would expect to see regenerated mineral fields in the double digit rate per day, even without the new modules.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 08:12:37 PM »

Ture to above points. I has clear out so many planets and have not see any regeneration at all.
Maybe on the next updated.  21
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2014, 11:16:56 PM »

It seems to work best with those worlds that have the most 'spots' available.

The larger the world, the greater chance of finding something.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 02:36:10 PM »

i have seen plenty of regeneration, except where i have a probe lol. totally stripping a system or planet of materials seems to trigger a regeneration. suddenly all my "cleaned out" planets are producing exotic materials again. That in itself is an administrative nightmare to deal with. I would prefer the system to blow up and leave room for other systems to form in the quadrant.

Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2014, 04:26:23 PM »

Ok Dadds. How long take your probe to regenerate and at what level.  : 4
I has my almost a week still none. Anyone have any success withe the probe?
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2014, 09:25:53 PM »

I have 140% and haven't produced any results as of yet...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2014, 03:35:35 PM »

Ok something I find annoying.  I am doing an expedition yet the quadrant I need to go to is no where near where I picked it up. Plus we have to pay them a little money to begin with.  Overall this isn't showing itself to be a good mission. Kinda funny too since they said pirates jumped them in the mission info when I talked to them.  If pirates had jumped them, it wouldn't explain them jumping that far away. lol
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2014, 08:41:58 PM »

Alright, I see we are in orbit around a planet in Quadrant 1,-3

Captain, this planet has the Atmospheric gas environment type we're looking for... I am sending my team down to the surface to check for the deposit signature...

Chatter on the radio:
"Aye aye captn'! Steady as she goes down... Watch that handle!"

"We barely made it captn'! Scanner starting up... scanning ... oOo! ah, nothin' ... scanning ... ooOoOoOooOOO!!!"
"Eureka!!! Captn'!! We struck the mother load!"
"We got it!!! This is it, the treasure is here... get the mining tools deployed ASAP this deposit is HUGE!"

Congratulations captain! The deposit has been located and will now appear on your survey scanner.
We've measured the deposit at 23318 m3 of Chlorine, for an estimated value of $3,730,800 solars!

We'll be on our way back to Earth now, there's more treasure to be found.
It was good doing business with you captain.

Godspeed!

Thanks for the craptastic update SirEmi.   In the time it took to collect the SOS, travel many  many lightyears and spend fuel to get there and then what it is taking to actually mine the stuff,  I will have lost out on many solars that I could have made had this same ship just been doing COMs.  Way to go.  This is my first and last mining mission.  A waste of time.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 06:15:20 AM »

You are supposed to do it with scout ships, not COM ships. That is probably the main reason why the deposit value is only 3.8mil.  1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 01:45:09 PM »

You are supposed to do it with scout ships, not COM ships. That is probably the main reason why the deposit value is only 3.8mil.  1

You haven't seen the cargo bay on this hybrid of mine. I designed this thing quite a while back for the purpose of mining and being able to defend my mines. I was just using it for COMs before cause it was a better way to make money and could handle it. This one has my best mines and harvesters too.  Here is the facts about this crappy mission.

1. Picked up the mission near 4,0.
2. Had to pay Solars just to get the information I needed from the mission.
3. Had to travel all the way to 1,-3.
4. Had to search system after system to find exactly the right planet.
5. Then after all that effort I am forced to mine something with a crap reward anyways. 

When you calculate fuel cost and time spent, COMs are just a lot better.  Even the nest don't come off looking too bad compared to these piece of crap missions.  In order for this mission to even be almost worth it, at the very least it needs too be made so that the quadrant we pick the nest up from is where we can find the stuff.   It shouldn't require us to jump so many quadrants away.  Also story wise it makes no sense.  The npcs claims to have been attacked by pirates when they were around that planet and to have escaped an in an escape pod.   Ok now assuming these somehow have a wormhole gen, they still wouldn't end up that far away.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 02:27:50 PM »

laugh I think the story lines need to rewrite to ( were going to the quadrant and been attack )  12
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: