Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 06:57:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mineral/Gas deposits regeneration completed!  (Read 18139 times)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 09:48:22 PM »

You are supposed to do it with scout ships, not COM ships. That is probably the main reason why the deposit value is only 3.8mil.  1

You haven't seen the cargo bay on this hybrid of mine. I designed this thing quite a while back for the purpose of mining and being able to defend my mines. I was just using it for COMs before cause it was a better way to make money and could handle it. This one has my best mines and harvesters too.  Here is the facts about this crappy mission.

1. Picked up the mission near 4,0.
2. Had to pay Solars just to get the information I needed from the mission.
3. Had to travel all the way to 1,-3.
4. Had to search system after system to find exactly the right planet.
5. Then after all that effort I am forced to mine something with a crap reward anyways.  

When you calculate fuel cost and time spent, COMs are just a lot better.  Even the nest don't come off looking too bad compared to these piece of crap missions.  In order for this mission to even be almost worth it, at the very least it needs too be made so that the quadrant we pick the nest up from is where we can find the stuff.   It shouldn't require us to jump so many quadrants away.  Also story wise it makes no sense.  The npcs claims to have been attacked by pirates when they were around that planet and to have escaped an in an escape pod.   Ok now assuming these somehow have a wormhole gen, they still wouldn't end up that far away.

I agree with the facts but SirEmi once mentioned that the new mission can't really be compared to COMs because of the bigger investment in COM ships vs mining ships and mining modules. Makes sense to me because the latest COM ship that I made cost a billion solars (400mil for the modules and 600mil for the ship license). Not to mention the huge manufacturing hours and research points spent on the modules. I wouldn't want a cheap mining ship or cheap mining modules earning more than my COM ship. LOL This new mission is best for newbies, not for top ranked players.

As for the huge jump, it might be because of the future Blind Jump feature where ships can jump between 50-150 LY in any random direction. Their pilot just panicked and pressed the wrong button. LOL I do agree that the planet shouldn't be that far though. 1
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 09:55:03 PM »

You are supposed to do it with scout ships, not COM ships. That is probably the main reason why the deposit value is only 3.8mil.  1

You haven't seen the cargo bay on this hybrid of mine. I designed this thing quite a while back for the purpose of mining and being able to defend my mines. I was just using it for COMs before cause it was a better way to make money and could handle it. This one has my best mines and harvesters too.  Here is the facts about this crappy mission.

1. Picked up the mission near 4,0.
2. Had to pay Solars just to get the information I needed from the mission.
3. Had to travel all the way to 1,-3.
4. Had to search system after system to find exactly the right planet.
5. Then after all that effort I am forced to mine something with a crap reward anyways.  

When you calculate fuel cost and time spent, COMs are just a lot better.  Even the nest don't come off looking too bad compared to these piece of crap missions.  In order for this mission to even be almost worth it, at the very least it needs too be made so that the quadrant we pick the nest up from is where we can find the stuff.   It shouldn't require us to jump so many quadrants away.  Also story wise it makes no sense.  The npcs claims to have been attacked by pirates when they were around that planet and to have escaped an in an escape pod.   Ok now assuming these somehow have a wormhole gen, they still wouldn't end up that far away.

I agree with the facts but SirEmi once mentioned that the new mission can't really be compared to COMs because of the bigger investment in COM ships vs mining ships and mining modules. Makes sense to me because the latest COM ship that I made cost a billion solars (400mil for the modules and 600mil for the ship license). Not to mention the huge manufacturing hours and research points spent on the modules. I wouldn't want a cheap mining ship or cheap mining modules earning more than my COM ship. LOL This new mission is best for newbies, not for top ranked players.

As for the huge jump, it might be because of the future Blind Jump feature where ships can jump between 50-150 LY in any random direction. Their pilot just panicked and pressed the wrong button. LOL I do agree that the planet shouldn't be that far though. 1

I wouldn't take issue with it if it wasn't so far lol. Even with chain jumps it is still a good amount of time to get there and a decent amount of fuel spent.  I agree they shouldn't compare. But miners need a good option for profit too. BTW really good mining ships aren't cheap either.  high MK advanced mining and harvester modules can get quite expensive too. lol. You need high MK stuff just to get the stuff on the planet in a decent amount of time.  Which means your going to want a decent powered ship protecting the mines. Which means combat investments would be needed anyways. lol
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2014, 08:49:03 AM »

The 2 quad jump from where you pick up the mission is probably the most annoying of the mission. I like to concentrate my mining and not spread out all over the place which logistically makes it hard to defend and hard on transporting of goods. With a scout ship modification then the search is annoying, but do-able. Pulling the reward off the planet is for the long haul, though hoping these new mining modules will help increase the overall time in extracting the reward, if i could get them to work! 10

Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2014, 08:53:24 AM »

Ok Dadds. How long take your probe to regenerate and at what level.  : 4
I has my almost a week still none. Anyone have any success withe the probe?
It doesnt work. I have seen more regeneration from planets that have no probe than the ones with a probe. I have seen some regeneration where there was a probe, but no where near as fast as if i clear out a planet totally then go visit it in a day or so, or a week.
So far i havent seen any of my probes change in figures with regard to %/day. Always reports same figures (ie 2.4%/day chance). Bit disappointing for my 100QP purchase price per unit.

Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2014, 01:12:57 PM »

Dadds.  True to the point. I has my at level 18 sitting with eleven slots. For week and half, only now four slots shown diamond ohhh 345 amount, silicon 503, cupalit 942 and chromiun 348. I can empty all that in a days or less. It the speed and amounts of find is this low for level 18. God help those has levl 1. Emi need to look at it and make Adjustments to the promobe.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: