Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 08:51:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: COM missions drop over existing COM  (Read 79004 times)
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2015, 08:10:10 PM »

" If Rostin or one of his cronies wish to come after me for what I am doing then feel free to.  Just leave the rest of my members out of it.  This is a personal policy of mine. Not a TGE policy.  "

That is exactly what s gonna happen. Let me spell it out for you: if you cause me more damage than the 4 QP I have with your name on it, I will hit you back until I feel the scores are level again, by my standards, as that seems to be an acceptable way of throwing all agreements out of the window to you.

That may escalate as far as YOU let things go. Hit back at me again, and I come back once more. Ad infinum. Not a threat, a matter of fact. I'm fine with leaving that between us rather than our corps, don't have a problem with any of your members, just with your hypocrite attitude.
Report to moderator   Logged
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2015, 08:13:45 PM »

Alternatively, you may get all of it out of your system right now and go to Zosma A1. The ship that dropped the COM on you is doing a mission right there (1,1), and hitting it now would cause aforementioned acceptable damage.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2015, 08:15:04 PM »

Oh the great JoolzVern graces us with his presence once again!

Listen here you two, I tell my guys and gals every time we introduce them to COMs about how pirates stack on each other and how they NEED to check orbit before they launch an attack. It's not like Marcus did it out of ignorance, he simply misclicked. torh has been forced to learn the hard way, which is from a retaliatory attack, which in no way matched the severity of his mistake. James you are using these two mistakes as a convenient front to attack members of a peaceful corporation and it is unacceptable. And how can you say James holds his corporation to a higher standard when SPQNR is on track to surpass TGE in EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF THE GAME IN THE NEAR FUTURE?

The propensity for their to be more slip ups from my corp MAY BE because we have almost twice as many members as any other corporation and most of those members have started doing COMs. You are noticing a "trend" from ONE individual (torh) who made a mistake (Marcus should not count because a misclick is different from ignorance of COM etiquette). So really because ONE SPQNR member out of 26 failed to fully understand the mechanics of COM missions on his first day of doing them you now think it is because I am a poor leader/teacher?... Get real. The only poor leaders I see in this game are the two of you.

Are you saying you two have never accidentally dropped a COM on someone before? I highly doubt that. I don't understand what has happened to you both where the friends I used to have in this game have become the biggest D-Bags. You both are worse than Dadds EVER was

You have told your people yet they seem to do it anyways.   You say you are bypassing it in every way.  Combined ship power really doesn't matter for poop on the high scores.  It never really did.  You surpassed us in numbers?  So what. You did that by recruiting a bunch of new people.  Their power increased? Yeah so? A lot of that is from giving them mods and ships to use. We give our people ships to use too. So it is no shock with your large number of members your corp rank has gone up as high as it has.  But what we have that you don't have is as much experience as we do.  We also hold ourselves to higher standards.  We don't go dropping COMs on people.  Have I accidentally done it in the past?  Yes I have.  I wouldn't have blamed the other person if they hit one of my ships for it too. It was a stupid mistake at the time and I haven't done it in a very long time.  Don't use your large number of members as an excuse for this happening though.  It is easy to educate every member about things.

As for our friendship. You threw that away when you completely disregarded our opinions on the Jake situation.  That is the thing that made me mad the most. First you asked.  Which is fine. But thing is the only ones opinion you even considered was Raph's. Not ours at all.  I found that very disrespectful. A real friend would have waited to get all our opinions and tried to talk things out.  Then when we were trying to work on a solution to prevent something like this from ever happening again I repeatedly had to deal with insults and disrespect from your members. This lead to me having to distance myself from the UC boards for a while to try to clear my head. Real life matters didn't help as much.  Between that and the game growing boring I started to log on less and less.  But I have come to the decision that I am done with the UC.  I am done with people dropping COMs on others.  Considering the fact many other players in the game seem to be having this happen to them, it seems to be a growing problem. Either some of your people are dropping COMs and not informing then people they do it too, or we got other people in other corps doing it.  Regardless something had to be done.  This is why I am instituting my new policy. It wouldn't be fair to just exclude one corp from  my new policy.  You want to consider what I am doing bad, then fine.  I didn't think you would like it anyways.  But it could be worse. At least I am not trying to actually hunt the people down. At least I am not going out destroying their stations and mines.  I am giving them a swift kick in the butt if I see them to remind them not to drop COMs on people. Personally I think more people need to adopt this same policy themselves.
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2015, 08:16:29 PM »

And how can you say James holds his corporation to a higher standard when SPQNR is on track to surpass TGE in EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF THE GAME IN THE NEAR FUTURE? Gee maybe because he's not willing to have low standards just to be no1 in the numbers like you would.

The propensity for their to be more slip ups from my corp MAY BE because we have almost twice as many members as any other corporation and most of those members have started doing COMsDespite some being inexperienced and or irresponsible players that any decent corp leader would not have on the team or give a big com ship to just to inflate the corp. You are noticing a "trend" from ONE individual (torh) who made a mistake (Marcus should not count because a misclick is different from ignorance of COM etiquette). So really because ONE SPQNR member out of 26 failed to fully understand the mechanics of COM missions on his first day of doing them you now think it is because I am a poor leader/teacher?It was your responsibility, so if you disagree you're simply shirking your responsibility as leader... Get real. The only poor leaders I see in this game are the two of you. The thing is, you say that without anything to support that claim other than your ill-gotten gains in power from accepting anybody and giving them a huge com ship at the expense of everything else like responsibility or respect. That doesn't make you a good leader. I actually have logical factually correct reasons to say you are dropping the ball.

Are you saying you two have never accidentally dropped a COM on someone before? I highly doubt that. No and if I had, I'd expect retaliation especially if there was a NAP. I wouldn't expect someone to not beat me to a pulp just because I said "oopsie". I don't understand what has happened to you both where the friends I used to have in this game have become the biggest D-Bags. You both are worse than Dadds EVER was
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:24:14 PM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2015, 08:20:49 PM »

The whole idea of non-agression is that you sort things out in a civilised manner Joolz. Which is why I offered full compensation for an UNINTENTIONAL mistake. Until you understand that part, don't talk to anyone about standards.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2015, 08:37:14 PM »

The whole idea of non-agression is that you sort things out in a civilised manner Joolz. Which is why I offered full compensation for an UNINTENTIONAL mistake. Until you understand that part, don't talk to anyone about standards.

The thing is it isn't about compensation.  It didn't hurt me in the slightest.  It is the principal of the entire matter.  An attack helps to remind people not do it again. Not likely to even be a costly one either.  There are people in the game where the only way they tend to learn is the hard way after all.   That said I am glad you and I are working this out. 
JoolzVern
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2015, 08:46:38 PM »

You can't compensate someone for a violation of your word intentionally or not. Until you understand that you will think saying 'oopsie' and monetary compensation makes up for a violation. It just doesn't. The whole "sorting things out in a civilized manner" comes before you break the NAP, not after. After a violation you generally have what's known as a war, and you guys are lucky TGE hasn't been so intolerant as to declare all out war.

Think about it. It's like if somebody accidentally urinated in your cereal(wrong bowl- honest mistake) after promising not to. It's not about the cereal and their offering a new box of cereal doesn't make up for that disrespect and is further insult. So don't be surprised or act like they're unreasonable when somebody rejects your 'compensation' for such an act after you broke a non-aggression pact.

Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2015, 08:50:15 PM »

You can't compensate someone for a violation of your word intentionally or not. Until you understand that you will think saying 'oopsie' and monetary compensation makes up for a violation. It just doesn't. The whole "sorting things out in a civilized manner" comes before you break the NAP, not after. After a violation you generally have what's known as a war, and you guys are lucky TGE hasn't been so intolerant as to declare all out war.

Think about it. It's like if somebody accidentally urinated in your cereal(wrong bowl- honest mistake) after promising not to. It's not about the cereal and their offering a new box of cereal doesn't make up for that disrespect and is further insult. So don't be surprised or act like they're unreasonable when somebody rejects your 'compensation' for such an act after you broke a non-aggression pact.

It must be great to live a faultless live. Please write a book on how to, I'll be your first customer. If you promise to sign it in person 1
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2015, 08:50:52 PM »

At any rate, Jam and I have agreed on a way to settle this, and from my part, I'll leave it at that.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2015, 08:57:50 PM »

At any rate, Jam and I have agreed on a way to settle this, and from my part, I'll leave it at that.

and, that is good enough for the Empire...

Drop it and get on with getting on!
JoolzVern
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2015, 08:59:43 PM »

I never said I was faultless, just that it's all about being responsible. I expect that if I break an agreement to have a mark against me, and I intend to accept responsibility and the consequences, even if it's unintentional.

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2015, 09:08:17 PM »

Did you not see how I pointed out that the fault in my teaching was with ONE member?... ONE. This is not a trend. Marcus was a personal mistake and that can be dealt with between him and JJL; fine. I'll take responsibility for not making sure torh knew all of the rules with COMs, but retaliation via attack on his defenseless ship and modules is hardly reciprocal to his offense. It does not indicate a trend in lack of quality with me or my members when it is an isolated case with only one incidence.

Why don't you look at my members. Tell me who is so unworthy of being considered for recruitment by other corps. You're really going to rag on them by saying I'll "recruit anyone" and implying that my members; MY FRIENDS, are poop players? You've got some nerve... I have some of the best players in the f**k**g game. Maybe their power levels or experience doesn't show it, but their attitudes, dedication to teamwork, and fellowship sure do. We are a family and we won't sit here with thumbs up our asses while you take pot shots over mistakes.

I don't recruit like crazy to be #1 in membership. I recruit so that I can give everyone in this game a chance to be part of something bigger and to have a home here. SPQNR retention rate is great, everyone here has fun, and we get things done in our corp.

Just because someone accepts responsibility for their actions does not mean you can do whatever you want against them...

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2015, 09:26:47 PM »

Would it be considered mean if I were to secretly wish for conflicts like this (or even all-out war) to liven the game up a bit?  1
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2015, 09:28:06 PM »

Would it be considered mean if I were to secretly wish for conflicts like this (or even all-out war) to liven the game up a bit?  1

No, it would be honest.  laugh

gun_bandana
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2015, 09:31:53 PM »

I warned torh what would happen if I saw one of his ship.  I was true to my word about not actually hunting him down or destroying any of his stuff.  I never specified what kind of ship I would hit.  Was it defenseless? Yes but I doubt it is that huge of a loss. Didn't get a lot from looting either.  So it's not like he took a huge loss.  I just gave him a kick in the butt like I said I would.  From now on I won't warn people it is coming.  If they drop a COM on me and I catch them, I don't care who they are, if I can hit a ship of theirs when I see it I will.  This is now my personal official policy when it comes to people dropping COMs on me.  I really don't care who likes this knew policy of mine. If they don't want me getting a hit if if I see them, then they better not drop a COM on me. It is that simple.  BTW I did see one of torh's other mines on another planet once and I chose not to hit them at all. My interest was merely a ship.  If I could have only directed my attack at his ship in this one I would have.

Raph I can understand and respect your opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: