Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 11:08:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: COM missions drop over existing COM  (Read 79012 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2015, 09:33:46 AM »

I can understand that sentiment...
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2015, 02:14:43 AM »

To Rostin. As long as your people don't go dropping COMs on me I won't be attacking them.  It is as simple as that.  I am not trying to start a war.  If that is what I wanted I would pick a much better way to go about it.  War doesn't really even interest me. I have been getting plenty of aggression out of my way on Star Trek online lately. lol

To torh, my issue with mirage has nothing to do with your former corp.  mirage earned himself a special place on many of ours hit list a long time ago.  When it comes to personal issues, I try not to hold their corp responsible.   As for learning your lesson.  My warning of the possible hit helped you to realize how serious we take it and you made sure it never happened again. So you learned. Still I am a man of my word. So I had to go through with the attack when I saw your ship.  I consider us even on that matter.

As for Raptor.  I admit I have been going through a lot of emotional strain lately. When it happened I wasn't in a good mood as it was.  So I handled it badly.  But this policy of mine stands. Just cause it needs to. I am glad we resolved the issue though.  I did consider the QP a bit of an insult since QP paid doesn't always equal out to the amount they spent for the QP. Just cause exchanging it for solars you get a lot less then spend on solars to buy QP.   But hey that is the past now.  We resolved it and can move on.

Also Rostin I never ment to insult your corp itself.  But you do tend to accept just about anyone. While it is true I will give pretty much anyone a chance, I will cut them loose if they seem like they are complete idiots. In my experience in games you get a lot of those in the newbie bunch.  So when your actively recruiting from people who just join the game, the people at who have the potential to be really good  players can be hard to distinguish from the idiots.  So you tend to get both with that approach. Unfortunately with your approach it means mistakes do happen and it makes the rest of you look bad.  That is why I don't go with that approach.  I do have an idea though that could help you weed them out. It is something that was done in other games I played that worked well.  Have one of your people create a sister corp.  One designed to educate newbies and weed out the idiots.  That way when are ready they can move up the main alliance and are well trained decent players.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2015, 02:18:59 AM »

Yeah, I thought about doing that while I was in the syndicate. Even suggested it to Raph once but after thinking it through I don't think it would be good for this game. I like the comraderie that develops from an "everyone's welcome" policy and I'd lose a lot of that if we had separate corps.
Also the corp ships and funds make that a very difficult implementation

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2015, 02:21:49 AM »

Yeah, I thought about doing that while I was in the syndicate. Even suggested it to Raph once but after thinking it through I don't think it would be good for this game. I like the comraderie that develops from an "everyone's welcome" policy and I'd lose a lot of that if we had separate corps.
Also the corp ships and funds make that a very difficult implementation

That is understandable.  Pretty much everyone is welcome with us too. But idiots get shown the door. lol.  I wish you luck in dealing with the newbies though.   Also the sister corp thing could work if it was made apparent that their corp ships would remain lower in power. That would help a lot with the cost. 
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2015, 02:51:10 AM »

I mean, I'm not opposed to kicking people out if they're assholes or if they do something really bad. But if they stay at 5k power their whole life and are fine with it and never talk to anyone that's fine by me

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2015, 02:57:18 AM »

I mean, I'm not opposed to kicking people out if they're assholes or if they do something really bad. But if they stay at 5k power their whole life and are fine with it and never talk to anyone that's fine by me

If they are never going to progress though then they don't have much motivation to do much. I prefer my people to be able to be self efficient, and to be able to help out the corp should the corp need their help with something.   I don't ask much of my people other then to try to do well.  But I know if we had to pull together and help each other out we would be able to do so.  I like to know I can count on me people. Just as my people know they can count on me.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2015, 09:27:34 PM »

I believe you meant self-sufficient Jam lol. Rostin, just saying man, over time you could end up carrying a lot of dead weight so to speak. I don't think expanding for new members is nearly as costly as new ship licenses but still I imagine if you keep it up there will come a time when you feel like it's time to cut some people that aren't doing anything. I mean I can understand wanting to keep folks regardless of their power but if they don't even talk to everyone else or at least a few people in your corp then I just don't see how that helps any with your comraderie and I don't see any point in keeping them around. I mean if they stay at 5k ship power and never talk to anybody then what exactly are they doing? That doesn't even sound like they would be playing the game to me.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2015, 02:18:45 AM »

We don't HAVE people like that though. The atmosphere in New Rome is unique, unlike anything I've seen in games like this for a loooong time. A long long time.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2015, 10:03:06 AM »

To Rostin. As long as your people don't go dropping COMs on me I won't be attacking them.  It is as simple as that.  I am not trying to start a war.  If that is what I wanted I would pick a much better way to go about it.  War doesn't really even interest me. I have been getting plenty of aggression out of my way on Star Trek online lately. lol

To torh, my issue with mirage has nothing to do with your former corp.  mirage earned himself a special place on many of ours hit list a long time ago.  When it comes to personal issues, I try not to hold their corp responsible.   As for learning your lesson.  My warning of the possible hit helped you to realize how serious we take it and you made sure it never happened again. So you learned. Still I am a man of my word. So I had to go through with the attack when I saw your ship.  I consider us even on that matter.

As for Raptor.  I admit I have been going through a lot of emotional strain lately. When it happened I wasn't in a good mood as it was.  So I handled it badly.  But this policy of mine stands. Just cause it needs to. I am glad we resolved the issue though.  I did consider the QP a bit of an insult since QP paid doesn't always equal out to the amount they spent for the QP. Just cause exchanging it for solars you get a lot less then spend on solars to buy QP.   But hey that is the past now.  We resolved it and can move on.

Also Rostin I never ment to insult your corp itself.  But you do tend to accept just about anyone. While it is true I will give pretty much anyone a chance, I will cut them loose if they seem like they are complete idiots. In my experience in games you get a lot of those in the newbie bunch.  So when your actively recruiting from people who just join the game, the people at who have the potential to be really good  players can be hard to distinguish from the idiots.  So you tend to get both with that approach. Unfortunately with your approach it means mistakes do happen and it makes the rest of you look bad.  That is why I don't go with that approach.  I do have an idea though that could help you weed them out. It is something that was done in other games I played that worked well.  Have one of your people create a sister corp.  One designed to educate newbies and weed out the idiots.  That way when are ready they can move up the main alliance and are well trained decent players.

"I did consider the QP a bit of an insult since QP paid doesn't always equal out to the amount they spent for the QP. Just cause exchanging it for solars you get a lot less then spend on solars to buy QP"

This sounds sorta strange coming from a player who uses QP as compensation for his own actions. The fact that it costs more to purchase QP than it does to sell should not enter the formula. I buy food and electronics for a lesser price than he seller's purchase price (and have sellers taking me up on it). Or is it the amount (a measly 4 QP) you find insufficient?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:06:04 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2015, 04:53:22 AM »

We don't HAVE people like that though. The atmosphere in New Rome is unique, unlike anything I've seen in games like this for a loooong time. A long long time.

Well I wouldn't know, I was just going off of what Rostin said up there.

Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2015, 05:23:53 AM »

Just had a COM dropped on me yesterday, of course it was in the 1st ring so I'm not super surprised but whoever it was up and left and didn't bother to message me about it. It wasn't a noob either as the odds went from well in my favor (20 to something) to 7:13. I still managed to complete it however it is still extremely annoying and very well could have resulted in me failing if the RNG decided to go less in my favor. Whomever it was that did it better not do it again and they better hope I don't find out who it was. Unless of course they would come forward and say something to me, I would much rather someone at least say something to me about it rather than just leaving, that really pisses me off.

I think from now on I'm just going to skip straight to the 4th ring with my ships, normally I pick up missions along the way but clearly there are people that are either idiots or trolls who enjoy annoying the rest of us closer to Sol...

Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2015, 06:24:12 AM »

I've had people drop coms on me in the 1st ring at least 3 times. Just don't bother with them that close to Sol anymore.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2015, 10:06:23 AM »

To Rostin. As long as your people don't go dropping COMs on me I won't be attacking them.  It is as simple as that.  I am not trying to start a war.  If that is what I wanted I would pick a much better way to go about it.  War doesn't really even interest me. I have been getting plenty of aggression out of my way on Star Trek online lately. lol

To torh, my issue with mirage has nothing to do with your former corp.  mirage earned himself a special place on many of ours hit list a long time ago.  When it comes to personal issues, I try not to hold their corp responsible.   As for learning your lesson.  My warning of the possible hit helped you to realize how serious we take it and you made sure it never happened again. So you learned. Still I am a man of my word. So I had to go through with the attack when I saw your ship.  I consider us even on that matter.

As for Raptor.  I admit I have been going through a lot of emotional strain lately. When it happened I wasn't in a good mood as it was.  So I handled it badly.  But this policy of mine stands. Just cause it needs to. I am glad we resolved the issue though.  I did consider the QP a bit of an insult since QP paid doesn't always equal out to the amount they spent for the QP. Just cause exchanging it for solars you get a lot less then spend on solars to buy QP.   But hey that is the past now.  We resolved it and can move on.

Also Rostin I never ment to insult your corp itself.  But you do tend to accept just about anyone. While it is true I will give pretty much anyone a chance, I will cut them loose if they seem like they are complete idiots. In my experience in games you get a lot of those in the newbie bunch.  So when your actively recruiting from people who just join the game, the people at who have the potential to be really good  players can be hard to distinguish from the idiots.  So you tend to get both with that approach. Unfortunately with your approach it means mistakes do happen and it makes the rest of you look bad.  That is why I don't go with that approach.  I do have an idea though that could help you weed them out. It is something that was done in other games I played that worked well.  Have one of your people create a sister corp.  One designed to educate newbies and weed out the idiots.  That way when are ready they can move up the main alliance and are well trained decent players.

"I did consider the QP a bit of an insult since QP paid doesn't always equal out to the amount they spent for the QP. Just cause exchanging it for solars you get a lot less then spend on solars to buy QP"

This sounds sorta strange coming from a player who uses QP as compensation for his own actions. The fact that it costs more to purchase QP than it does to sell should not enter the formula. I buy food and electronics for a lesser price than he seller's purchase price (and have sellers taking me up on it). Or is it the amount (a measly 4 QP) you find insufficient?

Times when I have given QP back as compensation, It is usually a larger amount that would actually cover a lot of the cost if converted to solars. So it cost me more in the long run for that.   Also keep in mind for me this wasn't about loss or anything. It was the principal of the matter. The reason I felt insulted was because at the time he didn't seem to understand that and thought it was about solars and offered a very small amount.  But hey its over now.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2016, 08:34:39 PM »

Some one dropped a mission on my own at ASU 975 G1. Just a reminder to check before starting a new mission.

thx

Mata
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2016, 12:02:27 PM »

An other was dropped on me in LTZ 1568 A1. not very powerful but not a newbie. Take care guys 10
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: