Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 09:40:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: crashed alien ships and other missions on planets/moons  (Read 14772 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2014, 06:06:59 AM »

As many already know researching these takes 6 hours. That's fine. You can also steal them from other people beginning research on it which messes up other people's timers. I am fine with that too. However I think if someone leaves the location of one of these, the timers on them should reset and the mission shouldn't belong to anyone. How it appears now someone can start it, leave the planet and them come back later and pick it up.  Other things such as COMs you aren't able to do this. You have to let the timer count down. Now this is just a 6 hour timer. So leaving a ship there 6 hours wouldn't be that huge of a deal.  It also would let other people know you intend on completing it.  Now when I see someone else camped out at one doing it, I am for the most part going to leave it alone. If someone doesn't stick around though I sure as hell am going to claim it. lol.
Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 10:04:54 AM »

I agree. This will also make the artifacts last longer because it will take six hours to complete each one and people will not be able to do multiple at the same time with one ship.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:50:06 AM by Rostin » Report to moderator   Logged

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:35:28 PM »

Also, I do not think you should be able to reset someone else's research timer when you start investigating yourself. It should just start a separate timer. That way if you jump their ship or whatever their timer will leave and THEN you can finish your investigation without another person investigating at the same time.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 02:42:11 PM »

Also, I do not think you should be able to reset someone else's research timer when you start investigating yourself. It should just start a separate timer. That way if you jump their ship or whatever their timer will leave and THEN you can finish your investigation without another person investigating at the same time.

Or just require the 2 people to fight it out over the ship. Maybe even give a quicker attack timer cause of special circumstances.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »

Yes, I figured if say I came across your ship investigating something and I started my own investigation you would already be a few hours or so ahead of me, so I'd HAVE to attack you if I wanted to finish it before you 1

I do think that if someone has a station or planetary force that they should be able to keep their timer running. It would make sense to deploy a research and excavation team for these purposes.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 03:09:42 PM »

Yes, I figured if say I came across your ship investigating something and I started my own investigation you would already be a few hours or so ahead of me, so I'd HAVE to attack you if I wanted to finish it before you 1

I do think that if someone has a station or planetary force that they should be able to keep their timer running. It would make sense to deploy a research and excavation team for these purposes.

I wonder how long it will be before we can use QP too speed up these timers lol
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 03:57:23 PM »

I hope never. Since they are not tailored to power it would be too unfair if players that can afford QPs that much could instantly get all the stuff

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 05:23:09 PM »

I hope never. Since they are not tailored to power it would be too unfair if players that can afford QPs that much could instantly get all the stuff

It could happen though.  We didn't think it would happen with combat timers either.  We had wanted the timer lengths fixed to reasonable lengths that actually made sense. But SirEmi added in QP speeding up which is just as horrible now as it was then.  QP speeding up seems to be his answer to everything.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 10:11:32 PM »

The Syndicate is internally discussing this issue now. Once we have a decision, we will announce our stand about this.

I personally believe that since SirEmi designed it that way, it doesn't mean that just because you don't like it we have to change it. I personally like it the way it is. Comparing it to COMs is wrong because COMs don't ask you to invest something in it first. It is more similar to the new mining mission, where you are asked to invest something first, and, like the crash site, you don't need a ship all the time to do it since you already have invested in it.

You are also wrong to think that it only takes 6 hours. Some take a week (maybe even more), some a few days. And the required RPs increase as well.

Since a players name is indicated once an investigation starts, the game even recognizes that that particular crash site belongs to that player. Starting your own greedy investigation on top of an existing one is for me an act of war.

Again, SSS will announce its stand soon.  1
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 12:25:56 AM »

Ralph took over one of my mission an alien ship at JUJ 1617 B3. Does that mean that it is a declaration of war Ralph?
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 12:56:59 AM »

Yes, Rafe, is that what you are saying?
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 02:58:41 AM »

If I really took it seriously as an act of war, Jam's station would've been destroyed yesterday. Haha Took you guys long enough to post about it. LOL

So what do you guys think? Is it okay to take someone elses site? One of my members told me that Jam even took one of his even though his ship was still on the planet.  1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 05:32:09 AM »

If I really took it seriously as an act of war, Jam's station would've been destroyed yesterday. Haha Took you guys long enough to post about it. LOL

So what do you guys think? Is it okay to take someone elses site? One of my members told me that Jam even took one of his even though his ship was still on the planet.  1

Only did it once and haven't done it since. Now I am only taking them if they don't leave a ship there. lol. I won't hold it against someone who takes one of mine as long as I don't got a ship there.  We don't know if these missions respawn yet or not. If they don't that means limited money and getting greedy ruins it for the rest.  BTW that guy's crashed ship I did take kinda owed me anyways.  I hooked him up with a 0 powered nest. lol. Someone had left a nest mission where I was doing one of my COMs. I had finished up my COM and jumped the ships to the others. I told him to go ahead and just finish it. It's nice to know he isn't like them nest poachers that are out there.

As for the length of time.  So far all I have seen are crashed ships.  I didn't know the time of other things. Not until I talked to Rostin yesterday anyways.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 08:27:45 AM »

They way I see it, there was no clear debt established for that nest thing JJL...

You had no right to take one of our member's ships out from under his nose

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 09:04:17 AM »

They way I see it, there was no clear debt established for that nest thing JJL...

You had no right to take one of our member's ships out from under his nose

This was one of the first ones I did and me and him already discussed it and things are fine now.  I haven't done it since.  Me and Irredrache are on good terms. He told me after I did it that since I let him have that nest he would just let it go.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: