Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 04:33:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: crashed alien ships and other missions on planets/moons  (Read 14612 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 10:10:01 AM »

I personally believe that since SirEmi designed it that way, it doesn't mean that just because you don't like it we have to change it. I personally like it the way it is. Comparing it to COMs is wrong because COMs don't ask you to invest something in it first. It is more similar to the new mining mission, where you are asked to invest something first, and, like the crash site, you don't need a ship all the time to do it since you already have invested in it.

The only way it will work well this way is if they can respawn on their own.  If they don't at the rate they are being drained from the new cluster there isn't going to be any left before long.  Especially with your people doing entire systems at a time.  I seem to run into SSS left and right out there. Systems where I don't find them doing one, are usually empty of all these sort of missions.  So I can assume those have been cleaned out already.
Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 11:23:25 AM »

Well, my personal stand is: once it belongs to me, it's mine. The game itself even says it's mine! Greedy captains who make their own rules and says that a ship must orbit the planet can go make their own games if they don't like it. And if this site-stealing continues, concerned captains already have added a reason on why I should go to war. Let this document that it was not me who started this. 
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 11:26:30 AM »

the EoS stance on this is:

new corporate stance:

We do not 'dump' COM Missions, nor do we poach upon any allied investigations on any matter.  We also will treat any such matters as an act of aggression.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 11:30:02 AM »

Finally, good to know. I will inform my members not to touch EOS investigations as well, starting now.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 11:33:09 AM »

thank you, the EoS is already practicing it.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 01:40:26 PM »

Also, I do not think you should be able to reset someone else's research timer when you start investigating yourself. It should just start a separate timer. That way if you jump their ship or whatever their timer will leave and THEN you can finish your investigation without another person investigating at the same time.

Or just require the 2 people to fight it out over the ship. "Maybe even give a quicker attack timer cause of special circumstances.1"

1  No! No 'special' timers for combat between ships.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:03:46 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »

I wonder how long it will be before we can use QP too speed up these timers lol

Instead of QP have the timer shrink by spending research points from the science tree. (perhaps ten million per hour)...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:04:41 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 01:50:33 PM »

Well, my personal stand is: once it belongs to me, it's mine. The game itself even says it's mine! Greedy captains who make their own rules1 and says that a ship must orbit the planet can go make their own games if they don't like it. And if this site-stealing continues, concerned captains already have added a reason on why I should go to war. Let this document that it was not me who started this. 

1 I agree. This is the type of behavior we expect from Dadds, not the rest of us.

I have opened another thread that will allow us to discuss the matter openly and sanely.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 06:33:38 AM »

Fine I will leave all research being researched by other corps alone. I won't IMG though.  BTW just had someone clear out some i was doing.  I have found another so far though in the same system that strangely hasn't been touched.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:36:24 AM by JamJulLison » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2014, 07:15:51 AM »

I have notified my members they should leave other people's missions alone too.
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 10:48:10 PM »

Well our guys haven't done much out there. I went out looking but I seem to have been a bit late and was presumably finding only what you guys cleared out so I decided to head back as it's not going to be very profitable(vs coms) for me to even bother unless they respawn or you guys miss a spot that I'll find at a later date lol.

That said we have a policy of non-aggression against active players not at war with us. I would consider poaching these to be such so ITO won't be doing that as long as I'm in charge. The rewards would have to be pretty steep for me to invest in it AND provoke you guys...even then it probably wouldn't be a viable strategy 13

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 01:29:26 AM »

We probably cleared 20% at most, and there are still a lot of stars for everyone. You just have to start scouting farther away from the entry point.

The modules themselves are worth 1.5m each, so as long as you get at least 3 per day, you will still earn more than most COMs.  1
Dragonfly
Lance Corporal

Eternal Wanderer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 06:36:25 AM »

Since a players name is indicated once an investigation starts, the game even recognizes that that particular crash site belongs to that player. Starting your own greedy investigation on top of an existing one is for me an act of war.
Well, my personal stand is: once it belongs to me, it's mine. The game itself even says it's mine! Greedy captains who make their own rules and says that a ship must orbit the planet can go make their own games if they don't like it. And if this site-stealing continues, concerned captains already have added a reason on why I should go to war. Let this document that it was not me who started this. 

I do see things exactly the same way and explanations like "Im stealing your wrecks becouse someone else stolen some from me" (that's not a quote) is just a bullsh*t for me. Stealing is stealing and thefts should be treated the way they deserve.

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 08:55:43 PM »

Since a players name is indicated once an investigation starts, the game even recognizes that that particular crash site belongs to that player. Starting your own greedy investigation on top of an existing one is for me an act of war.

I do see things exactly the same way and explanations like "Im stealing your wrecks becouse someone else stolen some from me" (that's not a quote) is just a bullsh*t for me. Stealing is stealing and thefts should be treated the way they deserve.

thumbsup
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 11:24:48 PM »

thumbsup
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: