Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 01:29:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Time for Lasers Mk MMMMM  (Read 20381 times)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2015, 10:42:04 PM »

yawn yawn yawn

* rp.png (0.96 KB, 376x19 - viewed 447 times.)
Report to moderator   Logged
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 01:18:38 AM »

Almost, 734 hrs left here 1

Any targets in sight, Sir?
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 09:48:56 AM »

Do you mean that you will also have that same amount of RP in about 700 hours?  That's incredible if it's true. 1

Targets? Not yet but I have my sights set on a new corp..  13
JimGalaxy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 11:24:01 AM »

bring on the Crash Test Dummies!!  laugh laugh laugh
♪MMMMM-MMMMM-MMMMM-MMMMM ....♫
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 07:09:17 PM »

laugh
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 07:17:15 PM »

Do you mean that you will also have that same amount of RP in about 700 hours?  That's incredible if it's true. 1

Only half a trillion RP, I'll get there by 9 November.  1
...2024.  10

In all seriousness: am on 7 M RP/hr. That's not the highest mark in New Rome, but we've multiple tech levels at M or higher, including stuff @ MM+
So it's starting to look like something, but Lasers @ MMMMM is a long way off. But there's a lot of satisfaction in building a proper tech network.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 01:09:20 AM »

Getting the tech is not the problem, building the high tech module is! It is time consuming. My MMMM modules took 8 months. A laser MMMMM would be around 10 months real time with all bonus lol.
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 03:49:46 AM »

Getting the tech is not the problem, building the high tech module is! It is time consuming. My MMMM modules took 8 months. A laser MMMMM would be around 10 months real time with all bonus lol.

us AP  laugh
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 03:09:27 PM »

I smell mudflation with every additional RP and MK. Just wondering how it'll negatively expose itself.

Failing to appreciate what it all means is the reason many MMO's fall dead too soon. I think it's a bit like fatty food. It's great and loved across the world. Just like power, it's craved. However, in large doses it corrupts the body, err the mind. Result is an early death, or a war or violent change in leadership.

Ultimately, mudlfation--checked or unchecked--shatters the game in concert with outdated code/bloat.

Be that as it may, I didn't post here in a fit of jealousy. Lol. I'm not jealous of the elite players in Astro Galaxy. If I were jealous, I would have either quit long ago or joined a top corp. I don't want to take your power away, so I can have it myself. That's something a child does. I'm a child-man now, meaning I've moved on mostly from that. I can be selfish sometimes--I'm still human of course. But quite the contrary, I play BECAUSE I'm limited.

No my concerns are rooted in all the MMO's I've played over the years and my research of them. The only other thing which is an important issue to me is the watering down of mainstream MMO's. But that's avoidable since it's tied to population. Mudflation--on the other hand--is rampant in almost every MMO. They're all diseased.

Mudflation isn't itself the problem. It's a symptom of a deeper problem. The way MMO's are made and the way we play them leads to great gaps in power. Mudflation--like a tired hero--comes to the rescue, but falls short.

One of the alternatives to mudflation is orthogonal progression. No doubt there're other things developers are trying to do to keep the mountain from growing too high. Our lust for power is like a growing volcano.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:35:57 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 03:44:37 PM »

I smell mudflation with every additional RP and MK. Just wondering how it'll negatively expose itself.

Failing to appreciate what it all means is the reason many MMO's fall dead too soon. I think it's a bit like fatty food. It's great and loved across the world. Just like power, it's craved. However, in large doses it corrupts the body, err the mind. Result is an early death, or a war or violent change in leadership.

Ultimately, mudlfation--checked or unchecked--shatters the game in concert with outdated code/bloat.

Be that as it may, I didn't post here in a fit of jealousy. Lol. I'm not jealous of the elite players in Astro Galaxy. If I were jealous, I would have either quit long ago or joined a top corp. I don't want to take your power away, so I can have it myself. That's something a child does. I'm a child-man now, meaning I've moved on mostly from that. I can be selfish sometimes--I'm still human of course. But quite the contrary, I play BECAUSE I'm limited.

No my concerns are rooted in all the MMO's I've played over the years and my research of them. The only other thing which is an important issue to me is the watering down of mainstream MMO's. But that's avoidable since it's tied to population. Mudflation--on the other hand--is rampant in almost every MMO. They're all diseased.

Mudflation isn't itself the problem. It's a symptom of a deeper problem. The way MMO's are made and the way we play them leads to great gaps in power. Mudflation--like a tired hero--comes to the rescue, but falls short.

One of the alternatives to mudflation is orthogonal progression. No doubt there're other things developers are trying to do to keep the mountain from growing too high. Our lust for power is like a growing volcano.

Thanks for what you wrote, it seriously got me thinking a lot! 1
My conclusion is, that the many different ways of income in AG are antibiotics for mudflation. The MMMMMs are not going to help Raphael gain more income, but he certainly can kill any other player with them.
Tech is important, and without it you won't grow, but too much tech is poison for growth. Much more important then tech is how much income you are making and if you have enough manufacturing slots to use it up wisely.

A players income is hidden factor in the game, that nobody can see. Good! laugh

Don't try to catch up in tech, catch up in income, that's easier, possible and without mudflation. Cause it's your individual way to generate more income, spend that income wisely, and that is the speed of your growth. In tech you will find mudflation, but don't worry, tech at a certain point is income maxed out. This is mainly because of the maximum length a battle may have. 60 days. So as you can see, your not far away from catching up. 1 ... income is growth in AG, not the tech. There might be a limitless tech option, mudflation pure, but your income is darn limited to many factors. Your personal limits, like online time for example. 1

One more thing, if you look at the production efficiency of a manufacturing bay with officer...well one bay upgrades 16mk daily...no matter if it's a laser MMMMM or a laser C...same power growth. 1

Duh!!
Choose peace!
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »

You are bringing interesting points here. I have a question for you. In daily income does a 60 days mission is better than a 30 days mission?
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 12:56:23 AM »

On solitary hijackers, they're the same. I'm happy with $140K an hour for my autonomous COM ships. If I can be arsed, I'll drop an extra looter on the same spot, but with a large fleet (and still only half the size of yours) it's too much of a pain to manage otherwise. The increase from 30 to 60 days for max COM length made me happy. I have recently deployed two that go beyond 30 days. Especially during the summer, when I've less online time, it's ideal to just drop the COM and leave it collecting that virtual $140K/hr.

IMO, the only downside is that the ACTUAL cash comes in nearly a month later, so you move your manufacturing jobs a month further down the line. That's a one-off issue though.

I wouldn't cut it too fine btw, and aim for 50-55 day missions. Would hate to lose a $200M mission to a timeout/mission reset. It's painful enough at $100M.
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 01:58:51 AM »

Marcus, you stole my question, you know how rare questions are in this forum. laugh

As Marcus said, they are the same. Assuming your talking about hijacker missions. But the time benefit is the reason why players with many ships should be thinking about big hijackers.
Don't you know that feeling that you just don't feel like calculating another one, but if you don't, your loosing income.

Well, if you did one hijacker of 160M power your gonna get about the same reward as if you did 10 hijackers with 16M power after each other. In about the same time.
But, and this is very important, you only have to calculate ONCE instead of 10 times. Now multiple that times 40 ships, and you got yourself an efficient breakthrough into other dimensions of personal limitation.

If you set yourself an income limitation by saying...ok, I only need 10 com ships and the rest I will fill with SLBs in earth orbit, then this is not relevant, because you already set yourself a limit... but if you are trying to make income with every ship you have, then you need to find ways to handle them...and there is more, stabilization of systems, transportation of factory mats needed, and especially com collecting. See, if Marcus transported the mats to refill his factories, the problem would be solved. Or Marcus, how about you bring up an earth orbiter to hold the battle timer while you go refill the factory because of the too big quantities.? 1 ...there are ways.

So yes, for some ppl, big hijackers are better.
Time is an invisible calculation factor, it's hard to give time a value. But in this case, if you do one hijacker or two after each other, then you saved 100% calculation and preparation time for the same income. 1
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 02:10:50 AM by TEDDY » Report to moderator   Logged

Duh!!
Choose peace!
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 02:29:44 AM »

Thank you both for your answers. I am running 40 hijacker missions right now to maximize income. I had 60-115 millions power ships before the Nova update and lost too many missions because of nova and reset past 30 days. I decided to power down my ships to half the power to prevent failure.

Raptor, my calculation and experience do not fit with your $140K/hr. I have lower results.

TEDDY, I also work to be able to stabilize systems, I expect to have 2 rejuvenator ships.

As for Manufacturing, I wait about 2 months accumulating solars and with my fast cruiser with Hangar bays, bring all the ships I need to earth (after they completed their missions)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 02:32:23 AM by Matamaure001 » Report to moderator   Logged
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 07:54:00 AM »

Raptor, my calculation and experience do not fit with your $140K/hr. I have lower results.

When the combat system changed in the Spring of 2015, over in SPQNR we put a lot of effort into collecting combat info from a thousand battles (that's pretty much the description of the combat tech tree btw 13 ). Our resident number cruncher Darrell - always in the front line trying to help people - ran them through his spreadsheet, which many of us use to this day. Quite often, it comes up with a lower number of marines/shields than your gut feeling might suggest. It's a good time saver. Yes, it can be a pain in the arse to have to run it through the system, but in the end, it's worth it IMHO. Before that, I was closer to $120,000/hr (or $2K/min as I used to call it, to see if it was worth AP'ing jumps).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: