Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 09:24:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Super Nova explosions / Star life cycles completed  (Read 27251 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: October 30, 2015, 09:20:24 AM »

* The stars outside the explored quadrants will destabilize and reach critical mass in time. Once a star reaches critical mass, a grace period of 7 days starts.
Star life depends on star type. Red / Blue giants have a shorter life span, while Dwarf stars live longer.

* Explorers are able to stabilize a star using the new module "Solar Hydrogen Infuser" from a ship. Closer to the star is more effective.

* Solar energy can be collected via a new ship optimization "Solar Powered" or the new modules "Orbital / Planetary Solar Collector".
Collected energy depends on star type. Red / Blue giants are the best, while Dwarf stars give less efficiency.

* A meter in System View shows the stability of the star. Stability goes from 0 (stable) to -1000 (critical).
Average star life time is 70 days, witch means that there will be new stars born every day and can be explored.

* When a star mass goes critical, a warning is sent to all owners of an orbital station within the star system.
If the system is not evacuated within the 7 days critical period, all modules and stations still present within the star system will be destroyed.
Ships are not affected by the destruction of the star.

Other:

* Several improvements to ship navigation / system view interface.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:26:42 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Cl1ck
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 10:39:04 AM »

I have a few questions about the update:

1. If I have a COM mission going in a system that becomes supernova what will happen? Will this cancel the attack timer, or something else?
2. If I have a COM mission in cargo leading to a star system that becomes supernova what will happen? Do I have to dismiss the mission on Earth due to non existing destination?
3. If I have a mining prospector mission which leads to a star system that becomes supernova what will happen? Will I have to search and never find a deposit?
Report to moderator   Logged

IGN: Cylon
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 10:48:24 AM »

I have a few questions about the update:

1. If I have a COM mission going in a system that becomes supernova what will happen? Will this cancel the attack timer, or something else?
2. If I have a COM mission in cargo leading to a star system that becomes supernova what will happen? Do I have to dismiss the mission on Earth due to non existing destination?
3. If I have a mining prospector mission which leads to a star system that becomes supernova what will happen? Will I have to search and never find a deposit?

Good questions.

1. The enemy ships will jump away, effectively cancelling the attack. When speaking with the mission giver, it will detect the star it gone and give the option to cancel the mission.
2. When speaking with the mission giver, it will detect the star it gone and give the option to cancel the mission.
3. When speaking with the mission giver, it will detect the star it gone and give the option to cancel the mission.

Cl1ck
Private

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 10:54:16 AM »

Thanks!
Another question: when I talk to PoW after update I don't have a options to convert them to marines, civilians, etc. The dialog is attached.
Is this a bug?

* 2015-10-30 16_49_38-AG.jpg (35.89 KB, 858x473 - viewed 568 times.)

IGN: Cylon
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 11:33:17 AM »

Thanks!
Another question: when I talk to PoW after update I don't have a options to convert them to marines, civilians, etc. The dialog is attached.
Is this a bug?

Yeah a small bug due to the update... It should be working fine now, thank you.

lavis
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 12:04:12 PM »

Awesome!! Emi Thank you, I am excited to explore new systems! Also in a future update.. could you possibly remove the ability to fly into a "safe zone" and the only way to be in a safe zone is if you are attacked. This can help with attacking a pirate back because they won't be able to come out of the safe zone, attack people and go back into hiding into one. Atleast give us a chance to hit them back 1
NoBrain
Sergeant

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 12:41:52 PM »

* A meter in System View shows the stability of the star. Stability goes from 0 (stable) to -1000 (critical).
Average star life time is 70 days, witch means that there will be new stars born every day and can be explored.

First of all thanks for the nova update..:-)

I have a 4 slots mining station with over a year deposit left.. (I'm using Adv Atmospheric harvester  mk 29 max 100m3/6h)
If the star goes nova after ~ 70 days, there is no idea of picking up SOS mining missions other that on gas giants..

But the size of the deposit was lower, the rarity/value was higher and you could get the deposit in house in ~70 days.. this will also making it more exciting hunting mining deposits. If you find a 25000 m3 Diamonds deposit ~ $87M on 4 slot moon would make it profitable/fun to do mining missions..

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 01:18:11 PM »

I have a 4 slots mining station with over a year deposit left.. (I'm using Adv Atmospheric harvester  mk 29 max 100m3/6h)
If the star goes nova after ~ 70 days, there is no idea of picking up SOS mining missions other that on gas giants..

But the size of the deposit was lower, the rarity/value was higher and you could get the deposit in house in ~70 days.. this will also making it more exciting hunting mining deposits. If you find a 25000 m3 Diamonds deposit ~ $87M on 4 slot moon would make it profitable/fun to do mining missions..

Defining some new projects now... One is the mining enhancements, there should be some special modules to speed up mining on small rocky planets. Lower slot #, higher boost.

RegnadKcin
Sergeant

Nunc est bibendum - Quintus Horatius Flaccus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 01:57:57 PM »

While the pledge/updates page states "Pledge QP price for item rewards will double 7 days after the project is completed.", the prices have already doubled... possibly because the "completion date" is listed as last May?
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 02:29:41 PM »

What Nick said!

BTW, I 'm not overly fond of the nova stuff... there's like 1 every 50 years in our galaxy every ~50 years. That's not a "realistic space exploration game"

And don't you dare blow up the star named after my daughter 16
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 02:33:37 PM »

thank the update. How about systems at the outer rings? do this update apply.
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 04:54:42 PM »

Defining some new projects now... One is the mining enhancements, there should be some special modules to speed up mining on small rocky planets. Lower slot #, higher boost.

Sound good
Just remember that a mining officer also could be a solution.  16

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 07:23:51 PM »

thank the update. How about systems at the outer rings? do this update apply.

Yeah all stars belong to a certain star cluster. Once a star dies in that cluster it makes room to another one within the same cluster... The cluster can be a minimum of 2 stars 1

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 07:25:13 PM »

While the pledge/updates page states "Pledge QP price for item rewards will double 7 days after the project is completed.", the prices have already doubled... possibly because the "completion date" is listed as last May?

Sorry about that. Super nova items are regular price again and it will double in 7 days as mentioned.

Thank you.

Palpatine
Lance Corporal

May the Dark Side of the Force Be With You

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 08:28:50 PM »

Awesome!! Emi Thank you, I am excited to explore new systems! Also in a future update.. could you possibly remove the ability to fly into a "safe zone" and the only way to be in a safe zone is if you are attacked. This can help with attacking a pirate back because they won't be able to come out of the safe zone, attack people and go back into hiding into one. Atleast give us a chance to hit them back 1

Nice try. So are you suggesting Earth become unprotected space?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: