Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 10:03:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: GCA Bylaws Rough Draft  (Read 38981 times)
Odlid
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2018, 12:21:08 PM »

I would like to propose an amendment to the bylaws as follows:

Change from:
Trade Restrictions: No weapons or shields should be traded of a power level higher than 5% of customer's power. No deathrays.

Change to:
Trade Restrictions: No weapons or shields should be traded of a power level higher than 5% of customer's power or mark level 50, whichever is greater. No deathrays.

Justification:
If a new player wants to do some SOS Com missions it takes a few level 50 MAU's and AES's to get into the game.  Allowing this should be encouraged.  As the GCA charter stands a player must build out SLB's and research MAU and AES to get into SOS com missions.  I have 18 ships but my total power is < 1500.  By our bylaws I can't even buy a MAU mark 1.  Is this what is desired?
Report to moderator   Logged
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2018, 04:23:09 PM »

I would like to propose an amendment to the bylaws as follows:

Change from:
Trade Restrictions: No weapons or shields should be traded of a power level higher than 5% of customer's power. No deathrays.

Change to:
Trade Restrictions: No weapons or shields should be traded of a power level higher than 5% of customer's power or mark level 50, whichever is greater. No deathrays.

Justification:
If a new player wants to do some SOS Com missions it takes a few level 50 MAU's and AES's to get into the game.  Allowing this should be encouraged.  As the GCA charter stands a player must build out SLB's and research MAU and AES to get into SOS com missions.  I have 18 ships but my total power is < 1500.  By our bylaws I can't even buy a MAU mark 1.  Is this what is desired?

Understand what you're after, but as written biases towards heavier, less cost-efficient weapons.  How about:
"No military modules should be traded of a power level higher than 5% of customer's power or 50,000-Pow, whichever is greater."
Note - the 50k is my recall of what's necessary to pickup a COM.  If it's something different, then please replace the 50k with the correct number :-)
Odlid
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2018, 10:12:53 PM »

"No military modules should be traded of a power level higher than 5% of customer's power or 50,000-Pow, whichever is greater."

There are two possible interpretation of that statement - do you mean:

1. Max module = 5% * Greater{customer power | 50000}
2. Max module = Greater{a module equaling = 5% * customer power | a module equaling 50000 power}

Interpretation 1 would not allow you to purchase even MAU1 since MAU 1 = 1000 marines*3*2 = 6000 power which would be much more than 5% * 50000 = 2500 power
Interpretation 2 would limit me to purchasing about MAU 30 = 8250 marines * 3 * 2 = 49500 power which would be less than 50000 power

The second interpretation is what I think you meant given the context of your later remarks.  I'm fine with option 2 - I think the threat of a MAU30 (or MAU50=79500 power or even MAU 100=154500 power) means almost no threat to anyone who can actually build one and certainly is a pittance on the power meter for any corporation.  Assuming you mean the second interpretation perhaps wording it as follows would be clearer:

No military module shall be traded of where the power level of the traded module(s) would increase the power level of the customer by more than 5% of their then current power level or by 50000 power, whichever is greater. When determining the maximum module level that can be traded the effect of the customers VIP status and/or Tactician Officer will be disregarded.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:09:44 PM by Odlid » Report to moderator   Logged
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2018, 11:41:36 PM »

You got it.  Nice rewrite!
Odlid
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2018, 12:16:06 AM »

Glad I got it right.  Using this rule I did some calculations to find the single module maximum mark levels that can be sold to anyone:

Base  Power             Power perPersonnelTotal
Module Name                  AbbrMarkPowerper MarkPersonnelPersonnelper MarkPower
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marines Assault Unit MAU301000625049500
Railgun Battery RGB13120003000175248350
Laser Cannon LCN306000150050249600
Viper Squadron VPR952000500500250000
Strategic Nuke STN1500001250050000
Electromagnetic Shield SHG39550012575249900
Adv Electromagnetic Shield AES762500625185249745
Titanium Armor Plates TAP39750012550000
Iridium Armor Plates IAP130150037549875
Osmium Armor Plates OAP503750937.549687.5
Crystalline Armor Plates CAP237500187548750
Combat Drive CDR1??????

I couldn't figure out how combat drives worked though....so perhaps no restriction on the mark of CDR?  Do people much use them?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:25:09 AM by Odlid » Report to moderator   Logged
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2018, 09:46:46 AM »

Very handy. Thanks!

CDR are seldom used by stronger players, because MAU work better with COMs, and it's always better to have another strong MAU.  That said, I can see some PvP scenarios, where a top notch CDR would be handy.  Let's leave CDR off the list.
CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2018, 11:44:11 AM »

Am I able to hire an assistant manager?

"The exploration of space will go ahead, whether we join in it or not, and it is one of the great adventures of all time, and no nation which expects to be the leader of other nations can expect to stay behind in the race for space."
JOHN F. KENNEDY, speech at Rice University, September 12, 1962
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2018, 01:25:06 PM »

Am I able to hire an assistant manager?

Don't see why not, but they be coming out of your pay and fees ;-)
CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2018, 03:09:06 PM »

I know, I was asking because if the Corp really did work then I might need help
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:11:39 PM by CliffClavin » Report to moderator   Logged

"The exploration of space will go ahead, whether we join in it or not, and it is one of the great adventures of all time, and no nation which expects to be the leader of other nations can expect to stay behind in the race for space."
millermatthew
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2018, 06:06:19 AM »

Process of Sales: 1) Trade is publicly agreed to in Forum by both parties.  They request a Trade Manager and agree to pay the fee (something small, to
                          avoid nuisance trades)
                          2) If not currently Trade Corp members, parties apply for membership.
                          3) Manager posts in Forum a restatement of the trade to be conducted (to prevent editing after the fact), if necessary Accepts
                          members, checks Counter is empty, and Assigns to Buyer.
                          4) Buyer places payment or trade goods on Counter, along with any fees
                          5) Manager PMs what's on Counter to Buyer along with any corrections needed.  When all's good, Manager transfers Counter's contents
                          to Shelf, leaving Counter empty, and transfers Counter to Seller.
                          6) Seller places trade goods on Counter along with any fees
                          7) Manager PMs what's on Counter to Seller along with any corrections needed.  When all's good, Manager transfers Counter to Buyer.
                          8) Buyer empties Counter.
                          9) Manager retrieves Counter, verifies it's empty, places Buyer's materials from Shelf onto Counter, and passes to Seller.
                          10) Seller empties Counter.
                          11) If Buyer and/or Seller have no further Trades, they quit Trade Corp (freeing Member Licenses), and Apply to their old Corps or
                           rejoin Sol (auto Accept on Apply)
                          12) Any Trader who isn't a {Merchant in good standing, a Sponsor, or a Founder} who sticks around too long is kicked by a Sponsor.  
                          Anyone who's kicked can't trade until they pay a small fee for the nuisance.

Ranks: 1. Customers can only interact with cargo on their assigned ship (will always be Counter). Do not have to be GCA members.
           2. Merchants are longtime Customers who pay for their own Member license and are never kicked  
               (except for months inactive, or dishonest or illegal dealings).  Merchants can "rent" a corp ship for  
               Storage if they pay for the Ship license and the ship.
           3. Managers can assign ships and accept members, but can't change mods or kick members.  (keeps  
               the ships Earth Bound, and prevents a rogue Manager from kicking everyone until becoming Leader
               ;-)
           4. Sponsors can change mods and kick members.  Customers should voluntarily leave Trade Corp after
               their transaction is done, so Trade Corp doesn't have to buy lots of member licenses.  So getting
               kicked by a Sponsor should have a small penalty next time the kickee wants to join.
           5. Leader (AG designation) should be the alt of a Sponsor with very long and respected AG credentials,    
               including top 20 (preferably top 10) pow Rank.  So has better things to do than cash out this  
               convenient little public utility, and brings the heft of their reputation and corp to promote "good
               behavior".

Members can vote. Founders can veto, if they have a reason (Can't just veto willy-nilly just because they feel like it).

Credit to Publius of SPQNR.

GCA Member Corps.: A GCA member corp. must be peaceful. Acceptions can be made.
                               A GCA member corp. must be on the first page (in the top 20).
                               A GCA member corp. must send a copy of the current KoS list to GCA to update every
                               time there is a new edition.
                               Membership requirements are that you ask and be approved. All being a member does is        
                               allow you to vote on matters. Applications will be posted and voted on by members.
                               All GCA member corps. must help enforce GCA law and defend GCA.
                               Current GCA member corps. include: PT, CAP.

GCA Arbitration: GCA will offer arbitrate conflicts with neutrality between GCA members.

GCA Bank and Loans: GCA will grant loans in diamonds at an interest rate of 5% per month. Is this better???
                                If GCA is not paid back within 6 months, you will be placed on list and not allowed to trade until repaid.
                                GCA bank can also store other things of value for a fee.

GCA War and KoS Policy: 1. GCA KoS list is enforced by member corps., not by GCA. GCA will stay out of all                                      
                                     wars except for arbitration.

GCA Rights and Claim: Rights to the GCA idea, along with a veto are given to the original members, being  
                                  Publius, CliffClavin, and Pokéboy. If someone else wants to claim that they are      
                                  a founder or wants to not be a founder, then they may present their case and we will
                                  change the bylaws as such.
                                  If these rights are violated or the corp. is copied, the criminal will be put on the KoS list
                                  and any claims by them will be treated as invalid.

All trades should be publicly agreed on in the forums.
                            No modules should be given to a member of the trade ban list or the KoS list.

Crime Penalties: Trade with known pirates and KoS members will put you on the trade ban list until designated   
                        amount of time is done.
                        If a module is stolen, you will be put on the KoS list.
                        Sale of illegal modules will be punished with a warning unless it is a second offense. If this is a      
                        second offense, you will be placed on the Trade Ban list or the KoS list.

A public hearing in the forum with a Jury of Trusted Sponsors with no bias in the case will be provided if requested.

Can you tell me the membership price of GCA?
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2018, 10:38:02 AM »

Free, but short-term only (time it takes to complete the exchange) - you rejoin your Corp by re-Applying afterward (PM your corp Leader first so this goes quickly).  Sol Corp rejoins Sol using widget at the top of the Corp > Top Corps tab after leaving GCA.

(ed) Exchanges must have a minimum value of $1m since they're subsidized by Raphael at 1-QP/exchange (paid to the GCA Leader).

There's also some limitations on the purchase of military equipment (max value scales with your Pow)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:36:47 PM by Publius » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2018, 12:14:23 PM »

Is [GCA] Capt. Clavin (who has been inactive for 644h 19m 1s) still the one in charge of GCA?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:01:41 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2018, 09:35:37 PM »

Is [GCA] Capt. Clavin (who has been inactive for 644h 19m 1s) still the one in charge of GCA?

Odlid's Leader right now.  307h 56m 6s  21

I can boot Odlid (and re-admit him when he returns) if there's a Trade to do..
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2018, 04:27:24 PM »

It's good to know that the GCA isn't dead yet...

edit for the following announcement:

10.   A Travelers Aid Society warning remains in effect in the Feenamint Cluster.   Andi Sergiletti has been declared an ‘Enemy of the Empire’ and a reward of 500,000 Imperial Credits has been issued for her arrest. The riots in Grolff following the assassination of Reverend St. Jinnistract has resulted in a heavy Imperial presence in the Grolff system neighboring the heavily guarded shipyards at both Bweetwe and Santree.  TAS representatives have been arrested and executed in the Grolff system.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 04:38:21 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2018, 09:29:40 PM »

Urgent news someone robed the GCA today and booted me they were supposed to ba a Sponsoring but they took everything when I turned away to do some chores
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:31:39 PM by CliffClavin » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: